Android facebook users, you don’t have to feel left out of the facebook juggernaut anymore – you get the same easy to use, popular facebook that is making waves on the iPhone, on your Android.
The Design follows the same popular features of facebook you are used to, and far superior to the clones that are a dime a dozen on the android market.
Of course you have to use certain features like registering for an account and editing your profile settings on the popular facebook website , but this app comes very close to the home grown iPhone app. Actually, it beats it in looks and some features of user-intuitiveness.
Facebook opened up its API for 3rd party development, saying they were not interested to pursue other platforms after having developed an in-house version for the iPhone. RIM engineers also collaborated with Facebook to develop one for the blackberry. One is not aware of the reason why this step motherly treatment for Android, but it is. This could be due to Google going the MySpace way, but it is true that Facebook has even stopped building their API in java since mid 2008.
Facebook has not opened up its API fully. It is still holding on to Chat and Inbox APIs. A lot of Android and 3rd party apps out there are only catering to obtaining News Feeds, friend -lists from Facebook and sending SMSs in the form of status updates, and thats about it!.
AndroidBook has broken the barrier, it is the closest you can get to the iPhone app developed by Facebook. We did it the tough way – but we did it!. This despite the fact that facebook for iPhone is a homegrown application, which had access to the closed facebook APIs.
Features of AndroidBook:
- Login – Login to Facebook, and provide link to Facebook website for Sign Up
- News Feeds (Status Updates and Links)
- Notifications (Updates to Photos)
- Requests (Friend requests)
- Wall (Compose status updates on wall)
- Info (Information of Logged in User)
- Photos, Take, Replace and Upload to personal Album.
- Friends Search and Friends Profile
- Chat with Available friends
- Inbox (Select, Compose, Reply and Send)
- Sent (Delete)
- Updates (Events Notifications)
Take Photo, Cancel, Replace or Save photo (store locally or upload to personal album)